How to Adjust to Wearing a Bathing Suit (for Tomboys)
Find a bathing suit that you actually like.You might find it easiest to look online first. Check out Pinterest and other image aggregator sites to see what is available (search for terms such as bathing suit, swimsuit, togs, etc.). Look at swimwear stores online too. This will give you a good idea of what's out there to start with.
- Are there special terms for the style you like? If so, learn them so that you can be informed when you go shopping for real.
Visit some swimwear stores.Look for stores near you that have a good selection. Ask friends or even people in your online social circles for suggestions of where to look.
- Go by yourself. Having someone with you can be distracting and even embarrassing.
Select swimsuits you like the look of.Try them on to see what size you are and what looks good and feels comfortable. Stretch around in front of the mirror to see if the suit moves in ways that you want it to; no good having it slip up and end up too revealing when you are active. And even if you don't find anything you like, that's good too, as it's telling you which styles to avoid from now on.
- Keep all of your underwear on when trying on bathing suits.
Try a tankini.If you love the freedom of movement while being adequately covered up, the easiest bathing suit to get used to is the tankini. There are lots of variations - simple black tanks, halter necks with embellishments and such. Don't be afraid of trying on different things that may or may not look great on you - there's no one there to judge you!
Try swim shorts with a short fitted t-shirt.This combination isn't quite a swimsuit but gives you a lot of comfort. You can also purchase a pair of board shorts if you want your legs to be covered more.
- You can even wear gym shorts with a wifebeater (singlet top). Don't forget to wear something under white tops, as they often become see-through when wet.
- Another option is wearing a bikini top with football/board shorts.
- To look more tomboyish, wear waterproof/board shorts over a bathing suit. Make sure to wear something under because if you are doing watersports or diving they could come off. Make sure they fit.
Try a one piece bathing suit.If you haven't tried one before, you may find this a comfortable option. Give it a go, even if it looks girly––you can always choose darker colors and no prints once you've determined the right shape.
- A baggy shirt or top can always be slipped over a one-piece. Or, add shorts and just let the one-piece top show.
Closing the sale
Get advice if you think you need it.After you've determined a few of your favorite bathing suits, you might like to come back with a close friend or family member you trust, and ask for their opinion. The main thing, however, is that you like it and feel good in it.
Pick the bathing suit or swimwear combination you like best and know you'll feel good in and be able to remain active wearing.Done. Now you're all set to buy.
QuestionI'm 10, and my mom won't let me pick out my own clothes. She always insists on pink, polka dots, high heels, tights, and other girly clothes. I want to be and look like a tomboy, but my mom won't let me. Any advice?Katelyn BrannanCommunity AnswerYou need to let her know how you feel. Tell her that you want to pick out some of your own clothes sometimes.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if I am 10 and want to be a tomboy?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGo ahead! If you want to be a tomboy, you are more than welcome.Thanks!
QuestionI hang around with the boys because I'm a tomboy. Will I look too girlie wearing a bikini when we go swimming?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOf course not! Wear whatever you want.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Bring your friends shopping! Input is good.
- You don't have to work up to a bikini, as you can always stick with a tankini. No love lost.
- If you're really uncomfortable, look for a pair of board shorts so you won't have your legs entirely on show.
- Shop around and find a bathing suit you're really comfortable with.
- It's best to buy swimwear from a store so that you can try it on. You never know what the fit will be like if you buy it online, although if you pay next-to-nothing for an eBay sale, it could be worth the risk.
- Stick with what you like. Your friends might all be into string bikinis, but that doesn't mean you have to be as well. Tankinis can be just as hot - leaves more to the imagination, huh?
- Don't be embarrassed if people start commenting on your new un-tomboyish appearance. There's nothing to be embarrassed about when it comes to your body.
- Show off what you've got; there's nothing to be ashamed of.
- Don't wear what everyone else is wearing. Wear what YOU feel comfortable in. You will be glad that you did.(don't worry what other people think! If people judge you,then they don't deserve to be a part of your life).
Video: Bikini Hacks & Tricks | How To Look Good In Photos
The interesting reason behind Catherine and Meghan’s shorter pregnancy hemlines
How Women Can Invest in Education Technology Startups and Why They Should
The 9 Best Performance Walking Shoes to Buy in 2019
Princess Eugenie Was Proposed to Without a Ring
Kosovo police arrest three over January murder of Serb leader Ivanovic
5 Toning Moves You Can Do On A Park Bench
Zo word je een ochtendmens in 6 simpele stappen
Get Ready: These Are the Fall Hair Colors Every It Girl Will Be Wearing
Paul Beatty Wins The Man Booker Prize 2019
How to Make Pie in a Slow Cooker
Found: 5 Body Lotions That Dont Take Ages to Sink In
Date: 04.12.2018, 06:28 / Views: 34594