How to Buy NCAA Tournament Tickets
The NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament, otherwise known as March Madness, is the largest college basketball tournament in the United States. Because of its popularity, it can sometimes be expensive and difficult to locate tickets to the games. Luckily, there are a variety of ways that you can secure your tickets in advance and save money if you're on a limited budget.
Finding Available Tickets
Apply for tickets to the semi-finals and finals games a year in advance.Securing your tickets through the official method is the only way to ensure that you'll have them. To purchase tickets to the national semifinal games and the national championship game, visit .
- The deadline for the application is May 31st.
- Tickets to single games will typically cost anywhere from -.
- You can purchase all-session tickets for 0 if you want to see all of the games.
Check the team’s website regularly to check for ticket availability.Colleges and universities will be given a certain amount of tickets that they will sell through their website or a college box office.Search for the sports team’s official website and read any news about the NCAA tournament that you find. Around tournament time, they will have an announcement about the release of tickets.
- NCAA tournament tickets will sometimes sell out very fast, so it’s important that you know what day and time the tickets are being released to the public.
- You can also register to the team’s newsletter to get regular updates on ticket release times and dates.
Purchase tickets through the school's official seller.Different universities and colleges will work with different online companies to provide NCAA tickets. Go to the college or university’s official sports team’s website and locate the section for tickets. There, they will have a link to the reseller that the college or university officially uses.
- Buying the tickets through the official partner may save you money for popular games.
Use NCAA’s official website if tickets are sold out.If you can't get tickets through your school, the official NCAA website may have some left. Visit and see if they have tickets to the game that you want to see.
- The NCAA also has a ticket exchange site where people can sell their tickets to other people. Visit and see if you can find a ticket to the game you want to see.
Use a third-party website if you have no other options.Sites like StubHub, Ticket Geek, and Ticket City will resell tickets to NCAA games. If the tickets are all sold out on the official websites, you may be able to find additional tickets on one of these sites.
- Compare prices with all the different websites to find the best seats or cheapest tickets.
- Be careful when buying tickets on third-party websites because they could be counterfeit or unfairly priced.
- Always meet people you meet online in an open public space.
Saving Money on Tickets
Purchase tickets to games with a smaller fanbase.Teams that have a smaller fanbase or that are perceived as coming from smaller schools will have cheaper ticket prices. If you don’t care who is playing and just want to see a game, look to buy tickets for teams that don’t have a huge fanbase.
- For instance, UCLA is a nationally recognized school with a large sports fan base. Their tickets are typically more expensive.
- Less popular teams could include Wagner, Baylor, and Xavier.
Purchase tickets close to gameday from individual sellers.As the game day gets closer, people who can’t use their tickets may get anxious and offer them for a low price just so that they can sell them. By waiting, you run the risk of being unable to get tickets at all. On the flip side, however, you may be able to get tickets at a significant discount.
- You may not want to wait to get tickets for bigger or more popular games because they are more likely to be sold out.
Search for midweek or mid day games.Games that are in the middle of the week or middle of the day are often less popular than weekend games. For this reason, these tickets are often cheaper. Look at the NCAA tournament schedule on their website, and choose a game in the middle of the week or middle of the day.
- Games that are in the middle of the week and in the middle of the day are often the cheapest.
Video: Loyola Chicago vs. Miami in 2018 NCAA tournament (FULL GAME)
20 Delicious Yogurt-Based Recipes for Weight Loss
Better late than never
4 Ways to Have Hope
Must-Have Travel Gear for Baby
10 counter-intuitive career tips
Goldman Sachs cuts Marcus loan originations for 2019
11 New Movies to See in January
The 3 Top Workout Playlists You Need In Your Life
5 Healthy Smoothies, 8 Ingredients: The Ultimate Smoothie ShoppingList
The Ultimate Wedding Makeup Guide For Brown Eyes
Low Vitamin D Doubles Your Risk For Dementia—Are You Getting Enough